Mango, Stonefruits, Marzipan
ProducerCentral Cauca Association
for Peace (ACC)
Time: 29 seconds
Time: 28 seconds
Coffee In: 17g
Water In: 255g
Time: 2.30-3.00 minutes
About this Coffee
Siruma is a Colombian coffee company founded 5 years ago with the mission of partnering with underserved farming communities in Cauca, Caldas, and Tolima. The company's name comes from the indigenous Wayuunaiki language and means "Heaven and Skies."
The Atunkaa Natural Sugarcane Decaf showcases Siruma's commitment to transparency and fair prices for farmers. It is sourced from the Central Cauca Association for Peace (ACC) in Piendamó, Cauca. ACC was created by a local farmer who wanted to add value to Castillo coffee and provide stable income so neighbors would avoid illicit crops.
The coffee is decaffeinated by Descafecol using a sustainable sugarcane-based process. By working directly with the mill and decaffeinator, Siruma ensures fair pricing and complete traceability back to the contributing farmers.
The process is as follows:
1) Coffee is picked very ripe so the sugar content is higher.
2) Floating process: Floaters are removed to have only the good stuff for processing.
3) The cherries are moved to a mechanical silo for approximately 48 hours at 28 degrees Celsius to dehydrate the coffee until 20% moisture is reached
4) Humid oxidation process: 24 hour fermentation in sealed bags (similar to GrainPro) at ambient temperature (approximately 24 degrees Celsius). This is done in bags of 25-30kg of cherry.
5) Drying process: The cherries are moved to the same mechanical silo at 37 degrees Celsius until 15% moisture is reached.
6) Drying process2: The cherries are moved to a parabolic drying system until 10% moisture is reached.
A fancy new decaf!
This coffee surprised us that we immediately introduced a second decaf in our rotation because of it. Expect this fancy pants to blow your taste buds and make you taste how great decaf can be!
Expect a mango sorbet tingle, with a stonefruit sweetness and a full, buttery marzipan body.